It just hit me that it’s 2016 next year. The final year of my 20s. Yes, I’ll be 29 in 2016.
To commemorate the blast of a ride I’ve had, I’ve decided to list 12 crazy/things-I’ve-always-wanted-to-do-but-haven’t in 2016. I’ll do one thing a month. Sounds do-able, right?
Here are my 12 things for 12 months of 2016:
Update: 2.30am, Friday, 23 September.
- Dye my hair a totally different and new color I’ve never had. Get red / grey highlights. Just cause. (Done)
- Learn how to draw. I signed up for a Visual Diary Workshop by Public Garden: http://www.public-garden.com/projects/workshop/visual-diary-travellers-workshop-goh-huiying-0 (Done)
- Write everyday for a month and publish it here. It could be a sentence. A paragraph. An essay. But write. I. Must. (TO DO)
- Write a 5,000 word short story or essay. (WIP)
- Go sky diving in New Zealand. (Went to NZ but didn’t skydive – half done, will have to do Sentosa version instead)
- Register a company. Any company. (TO DO)
- Learn how to cook 5 fancy dishes properly. (WIP)
Ngoh Hiang // Pork Lasagne // Udon Noodles // Taiwanese Sesame Chicken // ?
- Take a photo everyday for a month. (Done. On Instagram. Not a month, but it’s definitely motivated me to post more than 90 photos on Instagram this year!)
- Grow my own plant. Any plant. (Done. Terrarium from Daffy and Jas)
- Read 10 books. (10/10): (Done)
Midnight in Siberia // Start Something That Matters // How To Live In The City // How To Be Bored // Wonder // Its Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be // Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear// Black Coffee // Essays in Love // The Course of Love // The Sirens of Titan (WIP) // The Artist’s Way (WIP) // Kafka On The Shore (WIP) // The Art of Thinking Clearly
- Write a short letter a day for someone I’m thankful for in my life for a week. (TO DO)
- Reverse Bungee (Done)
I’m leaving #12 empty. For suggestions and spontaneity. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think 🙂
Have a smashing 2016 everyone!